December 31, 2022
Raycast, CheatSheet, Magnet, & More
At a glance
Welcome to the new friends of the A Players newsletter who have joined us since last week!
This Week: 11 Apple Mac productivity tools
Raycast is “Ctrl + F” for your whole computer.
Simply press command + space, and you can open any file, app, or link in seconds.
You can also add a whole-suite of extensions built by community to take your productivity to new levels.
CheatSheet helps you memorize keyboard shortcuts for all your favourite Mac apps.
Just hold the Command Key for a few seconds and you’ll get a list of every shortcut available in that app.
Magnet helps you organize your windows and workspace with configurable keyboard shortcuts.
Having windows where you want them eliminates app switching and significantly enhances multitasking.
Join Zoom, Google Meet, or other virtual conference meetings faster with Meeter.
Meeter automatically pulls your upcoming calls and puts them in your menu bar, letting you manage them all in one place.
Say goodbye to the moments when you join a Zoom call at your not-so flattering best (or with something embarrassing in the background).
HandMirror is a one-click camera check that lives in your menu bar.
Save your blushes.
Flux makes the colour of your computer's display adapt to the time of day.
It’ll be warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
Take care of your eyes and sleep better when you use Flux.
Duet turns your iPad, iPhone, Android phone, or tablet into an extra display for your Mac and PC.
Unlike other solutions, Duet works entirely through software—no dongles or cords required.
Double your productivity with Duet.
Switching from Windows to MacOS? Alt-tab won’t work so well…
Luckily, AltTab brings the power of Window’s “alt-tab” window switcher to Mac and solves this problem, helping speed up your workflow again.
SelfControl lets you block your own access to distracting websites, mail servers, or anything else on the internet.
• Set a time block period
• Add sites to your blacklist
• Click “start”
You’ll never be more productive.
Use your MacBook keyboard and mouse on your phone, iPad, Android device, TV and more (through bluetooth).
KeyPad provides a universal control for any device.
JumpShare is the quickest way to share files, screencasts, and screenshots.
How? Drag any file to the JumpShare menu bar icon and a shareable link will be copied to your clipboard which you can then share with anyone.
There you have it, 11 of the most useful Apple Mac productivity tools.
I hope you found these as helpful as I have.
P.S. Whenever you're ready, there are 3 ways I can help you:
- Interested in becoming a multidisciplinary thinker? The Latticework is an application only, all-in community providing the most thoughtful approach I’ve seen to learning the big ideas from the big disciplines. I’ve been a member for 1 year and am now proud to offer my community priority access to join as well as a sneak preview of some of the key content. Head over using this link to check it out.
- Are you a software developer? Join my application only community with top companies recruiting for developer roles. It's free and you can stay completely anonymous. Find a Job
- Looking to grow or get more exposure on your brand? Showcase your business to 13,000 people inside this newsletter.
🔗 Favourite links of the week 🔗
- Advanced time management principles: (for senior product managers & leaders)
- The PARA Method: A Universal System for Organizing Digital Information
- An Exact Breakdown of How One CEO Spent His First Two Years of Company-Building
This week’s newsletter is brought to you by Hypefury.
Hypefury is your secret weapon for Twitter growth.
Grow a large and engaged audience with powerful automated actions such as:
- Automatic retweeting of your highest performing tweets
- Auto-append call-to-actions—like subscribe to newsletter—onto your best tweets
- Auto-DM messages to those that interact with your tweets
Starting growing on Twitter here.
See you again next week!