Good Morning. Welcome to all the new readers of Faster Than Normal who have joined us since last week!
Here’s what we’ll cover today:
Mental Model: Calendar-Priority Alignment.
Insight: Root Analysis.
Quote: Opportunity in Failure.
Question: Daily Purpose.
Visual: Epicurean Paradox.
| The AI Executive Assistant that saves you 8 hours a week
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Xembly—the AI Executive Assistant that puts 8 extra hours back in your week.
Ever thought about having an executive assistant by your side?
With Xembly, you can delegate tedious tasks like scheduling, note-taking, and task management to Xena, the AI-powered executive assistant that does the work for you.
No more juggling multiple calendars
No more multi-tasking in meetings
No more punting or late nights
Simply instruct Xena to schedule, reschedule, take notes, or block time for tasks, and consider it done.
Get started for free with Xembly and let Xena transform the way you work.
| Mental Model
1. “What are your priorities?”
2. “If I look at your calendar, would it be obvious to me that those are your priorities?”
Hack: Use your Calendar as your to-do list so that your highest priority to-dos actually get done.
To create meaningful change, focus on the root cause.
Challenge: Identify a recurring issue in your life and write about the underlying cause. Consider how addressing the root cause could create lasting change.
Example: Constant stress due to poor time management.
Henry Ford on learning from mistakes and the importance of moving forward:
"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. There is no disgrace in honest failure; there is disgrace in fearing to fail. What is past is useful only as it suggests ways and means for progress. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
How can I reframe my perspective to find meaning and purpose in everyday experiences?
A Visual I Enjoyed
Have a wonderful Wednesday, all.
Until next time,
| P.S. — My Weekly Picks
A Guide To My Favorite Mental Models by Greg Isenberg. Curated cognitive tools for the continuous exploration of your curiosity.
50 Lessons For Men in Their 20s by Harsh Strongman. Explore essential insights designed to steer young men through the challenges of their formative years.
Alex & Books by Alex Wieckowski. A treasure trove of book recommendations, summaries, and insightful reading tips, all curated from Alex's exploration of over 150 books.
Whenever you're ready, there are other 4 ways I can help you:
(1) Newsletter Mastery: Learn how to start, scale, and monetise a 5-figure subscriber newsletter (while working full-time). Access everything I've used to grow two Newsletters to 50k+ subscribers in 18 months.
(2) The Sovereign Creator: Learn how to grow a 6-figure audience (without leaving your day job). Access everything I've used to grow from zero to 610k followers in 18 months.
(3) The Master Delegator: Learn how to hire, onboard, and ramp a virtual assistant that will save you 15+ hours per week as a content creator, founder, leader, or investor.
(4) Partner with Faster Than Normal to reach an audience of 65,000 people.